Sunday 10 March 2013

CND Shellac Nail Art - Cath Kidston Cuteness


Hello and happy Sunday people! The weather has been so un-Spring like that I thought it about time I got round to some very Spring suitable nails to cheer us up. The kind hand model for the occasion is (obviously) Stacey and after the popularity of her black bow French manicure on my instagram (@brushupmakeup), she decided to beat her record with these babies.

The design came from missgoob on instagram (@missgoob) - a very talented nail artist and cupcake extraordinaire! The original design that inspired me was this one (link):

missgoob used OPI Mermaid Tears for this design
(photo courtesy of @missgoob on instagram)
Stacey loved the Cath Kidston style of this but of course, CND Shellac is limited in it's greens, so we went pink instead and changed up which design went on which fingers.

The colours we used were all CND Shellac:
white - Cream Puff
pink - Rosebud
pale pink (on rose detail) - mixture of Rosebud and Cream Puff
green (rose leaves) - mixture of Pretty Poison and Hotski to Tchotchke



The floral design consisted of two coats of Cream Puff for an opaque white base (curing after each), then rough 'blobs' of Rosebud for the roses which I added pale pink detail to before curing, then the green leaves came last and were cured before topcoat.

The polka dots were done over two coats of Rosebud (curing after each) and made from a dotting tool and Cream Puff, cured, and finished off with topcoat.

The middle finger was simply two coats of Rosebud (curing after each) and two placed diamantés - one 1.5mm round and one 2mm square (from Viva la Nails) turned on its side - before adding topcoat.

And there you have it, nails Cath Kidston would be proud of and last an amazing two weeks :)

Disclaimer - All products used for this manicure were bought myself, for more info about myself and CND Shellac please check out my disclaimer page here. I might not be a professional, but I sure love me some Shellac nail art :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...